Creve Coeur & O'Fallon, MO Modification Attorneys

Incomes change over time, as do expenses. No court judgment ordering child support can account for future changes in income or the needs of the child. When these situations arise, the proper course is to file for a modification of child support.

In general, in order to establish the need for a modification, a party must make a showing of a change in circumstances since the entry of the current support judgment such that the current support amount is unreasonable. While that might seem a bit vague, the court is instructed to consider the following factors:  the financial resources of both parties, the extent to which the reasonable expenses of either party could or should be shared by the person with whom he or she cohabits, and the earning capacity of an unemployed party.

In Missouri, a combined change in the income of the parties, whether upward or downward, of at least twenty percent of the income used to calculate current support qualifies as a prima facie basis for modifying child support.

At The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C., we understand that financial hardships can suddenly render a reasonable child support amount unreasonable – whether you are the party paying support or receiving support. We have the experience and expertise to advise you as to your options and to help you achieve relief.

Getting Help with Post-Divorce Modification

At The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C, we have over fifty years of combined experience handling family law matters. We help individuals understand their rights with regard to all issues, including modifications of child support. We do all required discovery, and will try your case before the judge if we cannot reach a settlement. We have handled hundreds of trials before family court judges; if you choose The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C., you will have the benefit of a family law attorney unafraid to go to court, advocate on your behalf and fully present your case.

Time to Act

Time is of the essence.  As soon as you select The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C. to represent you, we will immediately put our considerable experience and resources to work on your case.  The sooner we can review the necessary information, the sooner we can formulate a strategy for your unique circumstances, helping to ensure the best possible outcome.

Contact The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C.

For an initial consultation with an experienced Creve Coeur child and spousal support attorney, send us an email or call us at 314-993-6300.

Schedule A Consultation

Please Read: The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Related Pages
Related Articles
paying for college after divorce

Paying for College After Divorce

Millions of high school seniors await their acceptance letters to college right now; and millions more parents wonder how they will pay for their children’s

Read More

You need an experienced divorce attorney on your side.