St. Louis Child Abduction Attorneys

The reasons vary but child abduction does happen. A parent becomes disgruntled by the legal process or fears a negative outcome, or believes harm will come to the child and no one will help, or simply wants to hurt the other parent – so the parent takes the child and leaves, sometimes to another state, sometimes to another country.

What can you do in a case of parental child abduction?

Parental kidnapping is both a state and federal crime. If a parent takes a child without consent during a time when that parent does not have physical custody of the child, the police, the FBI, the State Department and even Interpol can be of assistance.

From a custody perspective, if the abduction has occurred within the United States, the Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act (PKPA), the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) and a writ of habeas corpus can help to reclaim the child. If the abduction has occurred outside the United States, the international treaty known as the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction creates a uniform method of retrieving the child.

Both national and international abduction cases are sensitive, emotional and complicated, and require extensive knowledge of legal procedures with which few lawyers have real experience, let alone expertise. At The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C., we have successfully handled interstate and international child abduction cases in state and federal courts.  We have the experience and expertise to help guide you through the proper channels to secure the return of your child.

Getting Help

At The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C, we have over fifty years of combined experience handling family law matters. We help individuals understand their rights with regard to all issues, including interstate and international child abduction cases. We have handled hundreds of trials before family court judges; if you choose The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C., you will have the benefit of a family law attorney unafraid to go to court, advocate on your behalf and fully present your case.

Time to Act

Time is of the essence. As soon as you select The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C. to represent you, we will immediately put our considerable experience and resources to work on your case. The sooner we can review the necessary information, the sooner we can formulate a strategy for your unique circumstances, helping to insure the best possible outcome.

Contact The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C.

Send us an email or call us at 314-993-6300 for an initial consultation with one of our experienced St. Louis family law attorneys.

Child Custody