Creve Coeur & O'Fallon, MO Father’s Rights Attorneys

We hear this phrase often today – in the media, from clients. In some states, “father’s rights” movements actively lobby state legislatures for changes in family law.

Do dads really face discrimination? We must remember that until the last twenty years, courts operated under the “tender years” doctrine, which presumed that children under seven needed to spend most of their time with their mother. And while the law has come far in equalizing rights for parents and enshrined a preference for joint legal and physical custody, presumptions continue, if under the surface. Culturally, we still tend to think of mom and the principal parent or caregiver, which can impact custody schedules in divorce and paternity actions.

At The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C., we know that the law gives fathers equal standing as parents, and we will advocate for clients who are fathers to assure their custodial rights will be respected and that they will not be unfairly penalized financially (in payments of child support or maintenance) because of assumptions about dad as the sole breadwinner, when in reality in most families both parents work full time.
We represent fathers in a variety of legal matters, including:

Time to Act

Time is of the essence. As soon as you select The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C. to represent you, our Creve Coeur family law attorneys will immediately put our considerable experience and resources to work on your case. The sooner we can review the necessary information, the sooner we can formulate a strategy for your unique circumstances, helping to ensure the best possible outcome.

Contact The Marks Law Firm, L.L.C.

For an initial consultation with an experienced Creve Coeur divorce attorneysend us an email or call us at 314-993-6300.

Schedule A Consultation

Please Read: The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Related Pages
Related Articles

You need an experienced divorce attorney on your side.